Friday, July 10, 2009

Infidelity

I've been reading a lot lately about infidelity. There was, of course, South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford and his ridiculous defense of his unfaithfulness. His behavior was atrocious. And did he think that he wouldn't get caught? John Edwards revealed an "indiscretion" last year that I think resulted in a child. A Senator from Nevada, John Ensign, confessed to "violating the vows of my marriage." What is this all about?

I was speaking with a friend and telling her how fortunate I feel. I have no doubt about my husband's faithfulness. She said she felt the same way. I want all women to have the certainty that I have about my husband and our relationship. I can't imagine him cheating on me. I don't check up on him to see where he is every minute of the day. I don't check his cell phone to see who he has called. If you are in a relationship like that, you need to think about why you tolerate it. You deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment