Friday, August 27, 2010

"Oliver!" The Musical

In the musical "Oliver!" the Artful Dodger and Nancy and a few others sing a cute song called "I'd Do Anything." It's sweet and light and says things like "I know that I'd go anywhere for your smile, anywhere , for your smile ,everywhere I'd see." Oliver sings" I'd risk everything for one kiss, everything, yes I'd do anything for you." Also, "We'd risk life and limb to keep you in the swim, yes we'd do anything for you." That last part is sung by a group of orphans who steal for a man named Fagin. He asks them if they would risk getting hanged to please him. They predictably answer, 'We'd do anything for you."

So do you the see the danger inherent in the nice, sweet song? Some people actually live their lives following this credo. Don't give up so much of yourself to others that you know longer follow what is important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment