Monday, October 11, 2010

You Can Make Yourself Feel Better, Or Not

I went to the Post Office last Friday to pick up my mail. At least, I thought I was going to pick up my mail. The worker was very nice, but they couldn't find any mail for me or my office mates. This mail was very important because I was waiting for two paychecks. I had been waiting for these checks from an insurance company for 8 months. There was a major problem getting payment and finally I had it solved. I even received one check last week. I was looking forward to more, since I had been told the checks were in the mail (ha, ha).

We had a problem receiving our mail last week, on the very days I expected these checks. This is why I ended up at the Post Office.

When I left the Post Office without any mail, I was very irritated. I drove back to my office muttering unkind thoughts under my breath. I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier. I decided to turn on the radio. Since I tell everyone that songs can affect your mood, I thought I would try it for myself.

Here's the song that was playing. It was "Put A Little Love In Your Heart!" Wasn't that amazing? It made me smile, and lo and behold, I felt less aggravated. This was a personal example of what I try to teach others everyday. I guess I have to practice what I preach.

Listen and see if it makes  your day a little brighter. I hope it does.



Put a Little Love in Your Heart CD by Jackie Deshannon
Essential 70's 4 CDs

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful that this song is what came on for you in the midst of a moment where you were in your head and not your heart! Yes, amazing!

    Thank you for introducing me to the ACM Gospel Choir, Angela ~ I'm off to check them out on YouTube. They are incredible ~ and I could definitely listen to them any time I needed a pick me up!

    Oh, and I hope you've received your long-overdue check by now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,
    Sounds like you opened up to the right mood when you needed it most. Life is always going to throw us curve balls and making the best of it. This makes so much sense!
    Val ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth, I received my check! Thanks to you and Val for your comments. I sure needed that song at just that time.
    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela,
    Music really does affect your mood. And I love that version of the song.
    This reminds me...my wife and I got into the whole positivity thing. We have grown a lot. Everyday, we make it a point to sing "I Feel Good". People walk into our store thinking we crazy, but just singing that little bit helps us stay in a great mood.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jaden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is great that you sing a song every day to feel good. I don't know the song "I Feel Good." I guess I will go look it up!

    Thanks for talking,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete