Monday, September 6, 2010

Up, Up and Away

I saw about 8 hot air balloons flying high over the valley while I was out walking today. They made me smile. So that made me think about what other things make me smile. I like poppies, cats, watching my daughter play the harp, and beautiful music. It also reminded me of that song"Up, Up and Away, My Beautiful Balloon" sung by the 5th Dimension. These things all make me happy. If you don't feel happy right now, watch this video. It is from 1967 and the clothing alone is good for a laugh.



You might say that these are just small things. but that's what life is made of. You see, every day can't be what I call Disneyland Day. Disneyland Day is special and comes only once a year or so for me. I am always excited and happy about that day. But, if I am only happy on days that are extra special what happens the rest of the days? Life is made up mainly of regular days.

So if you want to feel better more often what should you do? I suggest that every day you think about 3 things that you were thankful for, or grateful for, or happy about, that happened the day
before. You could also think about things you are confident about or people who love you. All these thoughts put you in a good frame of mind and help forestall anxiety or a bad mood. Every day can't be Disneyland Day but every day can have enjoyable, pleasurable moments. Look for those moments and you will like life better.

Up, Up And Away (Digitally Remastered 1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment