Friday, September 24, 2010

Count Your Blessings (Instead of Sheep)

I heard Eddie Fisher singing on the radio today. They were honoring him because he died yesterday.  He was a famous singer, husband to Debbie Reynolds and father of Carrie Fisher of Star Wars fame. He was singing the song that Irving Berlin wrote called "Counting your Blessings."  What a great song! It is also great advice if you want to stop worrying. How many blessings do you have in your life that you can count?

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

If you really have trouble sleeping, try the sleep meditation audio download in my store.





Eddie Fisher - Greatest Hits
The Fabulous Fifties: Unforgettable Fifties (3 CD Set)
White Christmas (Anniversary Edition)
Holiday Inn & White Christmas - O.S.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment